Selling Your Home in Tarrington
Selling your home can feel like a daunting prospect, even with the support and expertise of a real estate agent. Even though your real estate agent will do a lot of the work, you are an important part of the process, too. From the day you decide to sell your home until the final papers are signed, there are things you can do to stay involved. If you want to sell your home in the Tarrington neighborhood of Midlothian, Virginia, these tips can help.
Before your house is on the market
Even before your house is for sale, there are things you can do to help increase the chances it will sell at a good price. As you prepare, be sure to look at your house from a buyer's perspective. Yes, it is your home. But using a buyer's mentality will help you make good decisions to prepare your house for the market. Here are some things to think about before you're ready to sell your home:
- Stand on the curb and look at your house. How does it look from the street? Is the home in good condition and clean? Is the yard landscaped well? Is the roof free of debris?
- Walk through your home and look at the walls, ceilings, and woodwork (door frames). Are there areas that need to be repainted or repaired? Is all the painting neat and finished?
- Walk through your home and look at your belongings (if you will be living in the house while it's on the market). Does the furniture fit the rooms? Are all the rooms tidy with intimate/personal items out of sight?
While your house is on the market
Once your house is on the market, your real estate agent should be working diligently to get your home sold. Here at Team Hensley, we work continuously with prospective buyers and other REALTORS® to find the perfect buyer for your home. We also communicate with our clients regularly so they are always in the loop with showings, feedback from buyers, marketing efforts, and much more. We pride ourselves on an open line of communication with our clients!
If you're living in your home while it's on the market, here are a few things to remember:
- Keep your house clean and orderly. That way, your real estate agent can show it to a prospective buyer with minimal notice, if needed.
- Don't be at your home when people are looking at it. This means that when your real estate agent shows the house or hosts an Open House, you should find somewhere else to be. Prospective buyers need to be able to look through your home and be critical of what they see without worrying about the current owners overhearing them.
- Be patient! The housing market varies based on lots of factors, and many of them are out of your control. If your house doesn't sell right away, that doesn't mean it's not going to sell. If you're concerned, you can talk to your real estate agent to ease your fears during the process.
Selling your home can feel overwhelming, but just because you rely on the support of a real estate agent doesn't mean you're not involved, too. Getting your home ready and doing what's needed while it's on the market can help make the difference in how quickly it will sell.
When you're ready to sell your home in the Tarrington neighborhood of Midlothian, Virgnia, contact the experts at Team Hensley to find out how we can help.