Top Real Estate Agents in Henrico County, VA
What You Need to Look for . . .
If you're planning to buy or sell Henrico County real estate, you need a reliable real estate agent to advocate for you. Why? Because top performers deliver results:
- Sellers see +2 to +9 percent more dollars on their sale, with a process that is one week shorter than the average real estate agent.
- Home buyers represented by top agents save almost $13,000 on their purchase.
Not surprisingly, top real estate agents have more experience with homes for sale in Henrico, VA. They close 1.2x the sales and help buyers purchase 1.1x more houses compared to the average agent.
When you search online for top real estate agents in Henrico County, you’ll get a long list of results. We recommend interviewing 2-3 agents to verify you’ll be partnering with a proven performer.
Questions to Ask and Characteristics to Look for in Real Estate Agents
This questionnaire and checklist will help you identify the right agent for you.
- What can you tell me about Henrico County real estate? A top-performing real estate agent will know how many houses have been bought and sold. They’ll have insights about the community and understand current home price trends.
- What prompted you to become a real estate agent? Most successful agents have an interest in houses and architecture. They’ll recognize the benefits (and opportunities) of a home for buyers and present features advantageously for sellers. They’ll also enjoy their local community, fueling their desire to find the right home for a buyer.
- Can you connect me with resources to help with buying/selling my house? A resounding 'yes' is the right answer. Your agent should be able to suggest appraisers, home inspectors, and financing options such as mortgage companies, banks, or credit unions.
- What’s your track record with homes for sale in Henrico, VA? Find out how many home sales and purchases the agent managed in the past year. Ask about the length of time for an average transaction and see if the agent has garnered more dollars (or savings) for clients on their listings.
- Explain how you work with your clients. Stellar real estate agents share several characteristics: they’re tenacious, self-motivated problem-solvers. Listen for insights that indicate the agent has a strong work ethic and uses a creative approach for buying and selling real estate. Encourage the agent to give you a recent example of how he or she showcased a home to make it more marketable to the right buyer.
- What are your credentials? Evaluating a real estate agent’s professional reputation will likely include some online research in addition to the interview. Check out agent reviews and see if he or she has recently received a performance-based award. The agent, however, should readily talk about membership in the National Association of REALTORS®. Participation requires agents to adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice.
In addition to asking the agent questions, evaluate softer (but equally important) qualities such as:
- Confidence in his or her abilities. Detailed and complete answers to your questions, a well-organized presentation, and a willingness to share are all indicators of confidence.
- Interest in helping you with your home purchase or sale. Does the agent ask you questions? Do you get useful tips and insights during the conversation?
- Communication skills – speaking and actively listening. A top performer in any industry knows how to gather information and use it to find solutions. A highly-skilled real estate agent will pay attention and respond appropriately to your needs.
- Honesty and trustworthiness. While these traits emerge over time, an agent's answers to your questions and overall demeanor will give you insights.
Team Hensley – Top Real Estate Agents in Henrico, VA
At Team Hensley, you'll find a group of real estate professionals with deep knowledge about homes for sale in Henrico, VA. Whether you're a first-time homebuyer, an empty nester interested in downsizing, or anywhere in between, we'll put our experience to work for you. Our goal is to help you achieve your dreams, and you'll find our agents will 'ace' the interview!
We invest our time and energy to make your partnership with Team Hensley successful. We're passionate about real estate and genuinely care about the Henrico community and our clients. If you’re interested in learning more about opportunities with Henrico County real estate, contact our team today to set up an appointment.